SC Work Ready Community (SCWRC)
Businesses across the country report that they are often overwhelmed by stacks of applications for only a handful of open positions. Sifting through these applications is time-consuming and inefficient. You need a way to quickly pinpoint individuals with essential, verifiable workplace skills. The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is your solution.
National Career Readiness Certificate:
Individuals can earn the NCRC by taking three WorkKeys assessments.
- Applied Mathematics
- Locating Information
- Reading for Information
WorkKeys assessments measure “real world” skills that are critical to job success.
These assessments are used across all sectors of the economy and verify the following cognitive skills:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Reading and using work-related text
- Applying information from workplace documents to solve problems
- Setting up and performing work-related mathematical calculations
- Locating, synthesizing, and applying information that is presented graphically
- Comparing, summarizing, and analyzing information presented in multiple related graphics
How does our business start using NCRC? Businesses can recommend that individuals have an NCRC, or recommend that individuals have specific scores on each of the core competencies. At any time, your company can recommend or prefer that individuals have the nationally recognized, portable credentials. However, if your business wants to recommend than an individual have specific WorkKeys scores, a company must have the specific job opening profiled.
Job Profiling: As a part of SC Work Ready Communities initiative, Businesses can receive no cost job analyses job profiles. Employers use job analysis to determine which skills are required for a job and the skill level needed to perform the job successfully. This helps employers and employees know what an applicant must score on a particular WorkKeys skills assessment in order to be qualified for the job. Watch the video below to hear feedback from an employer on the WorkKeys Job Profiling system.
How does our business get involved in the Work Ready Community initiative? If you are interested in supporting your community’s efforts and taking a stand for a stronger workforce, please consider becoming a South Carolina WRC Business Champion. This will involve:
- Profiling key jobs (job profiling is a job analysis system that identifies the exact skill levels required for success in a given position)
- Using job profiles and the NCRC as part of your hiring and training process
- Sharing with others how your company is benefiting from participating
For details on SCWRC, contact Elisabeth Kovacs at 803-737-2681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates, visit: www.scworkready.org